FLOW-BUS E-7000 Series
Digital Power Supply / Readout Systems
The E-7000 digital Single-Channel Control Module was developed by Bronkhorst High-Tech B.V. for Mass Flow Measurement and Control systems. Its application is not limited to operation in combination with Bronkhorst High-Tech Mass Flow Controllers and Pressure Controllers, but it can also be used with other transmitters or transducers, or in master/slave control systems. The micro-processor based single-channel module offers the possibility to show tag numbers, measurement identifications, fluid names and totalizing units on top of the measurement and command signals in percent of max. flow or direct reading units.
- User-friendly operation, menu driven with 5 push buttons
- Suitable for digital or analog instruments
- Indication of measured value on a 2-line
- 16-figure display in percent or direct indication
- Internal/external command
- Master/Slave control
- Totalization or batchcounter functions
- Programmable alarm functions
- NO/NC relay
- Programming of 8 polynomial functions per module
- Password protection of settings
- Setpoint slope control
- Purge/shutoff modes, easy accessible
- HOST CONTROL by PC, by means of an RS-232 interface
Based on the modular technique of the single channel modules, it is easy to assemble multi-channel executions. This way 3 channels fit into a ½ 19″ housing and 6 channels fit into a 19″ housing, either for rack mount or table top. For most applications one power supply can serve three channels.
For application with EX-FLOW instruments one blind power supply module should be used in combination with max. two single channel modules. EX-FLOW modules contain an additional isolation amplifier for intrinsically safe operation of the field mounted instruments.
Versions for “CEM”-system
For Controlled Evaporation Mixing (“CEM”) systems two single channel modules are usually combined with a module for temperature control. These modules can be used for local or remote temperature indication and control.
For applications requiring PC host control for FLOW-BUS fieldbus systems, Bronkhorst High-Tech offers E-7000 modules including an RS232/ FLOW-BUS interface. These modules are also available as separate interface box (see picture).
For connection of a FLOW-BUS system to PROFIBUS-DP fieldbus, similar styles of interface modules are available.
- Power supply 100…240 Vac (50…60 Hz) or 24 Vdc/Vac
- Output signals/command signals
- Analog: 0…5 (10) Vdc, 0 (4)…20 mA
- Digital: FLOW-BUS (RS-485)
- Sub-D Connector for instrument connection
- Sub-D Connector for analog I/O functions
- RJ45 Connector for connection to FLOW-BUS
- Max. power consumption + 15 Vdc, 2 A, – 15 Vdc, 300 mA
For more information see leaflet “E-7000 PS/Readout systems”